Question about timing and submitting additional LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tameimpaler

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This may be a silly question, but are letters of recommendation submitted all together with the primary application?

I would like to submit my primary as soon as possible, but I anticipate that one of my letters will not be finished until much later. As of right now, all the "minimum" recommended letters (2 science, 1 non-science, 1 research) that I have are ready to send as soon as AMCAS allows for submission, but another strong letter I hope to include won't be ready until around much later (letter writer said around August).

- Is the application considered "complete" as long as you have the minimum letter requirement for the schools you are applying to?
- Would it be possible to send in an additional letter later to AMCAS later on? Will schools still consider it or would it not do much unless submitted together with the rest of my app?

Thank you!
 
Please see this thread for all the questions and answers about letters of recommendation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.