LOR Question.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coldbrew1129

Reaction score
Hey all. I was planning on applying last cycle so I got all my LOR in order last spring. They are currently being held in the Interfolio interface waiting to be sent for this cycle. Two questions: (1) Do I need to ask my recommenders to update the letters with the correct date? (2) I assume most of them already put the formatting in letter head but do I need to ask them to make sure they do this since this format is the one medical schools prefer. Any other suggestions concerning this topic would be great! Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't believe there would be any issues with using LORs with a date 1-2 years out. If you are absolutely certain the letter writers will not have a problem with it, you may contact them to see if they would update it with a more recent date. If not, it should be fine.

LOR writers know well enough that they should use the school's letterhead, so it's not necessary to ask/remind them.

Most will have no problem updating the date especially if you let them know what you’ve been up to so that they can add a few sentences of update material

Reactions: 1 users