LoR questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poopyhead

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've browsed some of the other LoR non-trad threads, but haven't found answers for my situation...I think.

Anyways, it's been 8 years since I've graduated from college. I haven't kept up with any of the professors that taught me. Even if I were to track them down, I highly doubt they would be able to accurately judge me in a LoR. Do med schools have exemptions for this kind of situation?

During those 8 years, I have been working at a hospital academic research lab, and most of the PIs are also professors at an affliated medical school (one is even an adcom). Obviously, I was never their student, just their employee. Would med schools allow me to substitute LoRs from my PIs (who I've worked for the past 8 years) in place of LoRs from professors that taught me?

I'm not sure how I would get LoRs from professors that taught me short of having to attend more classes, even though I already have all the required courses taken (8 years ago).

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.