LOR reminder?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BuildingMyOwnLuck

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just wondering, I asked my prof to write a LOR and she agreed to finish by end of month (back in July). I want to send a reminder, but Interfolio said that it sent one August the 3rd and I don't want to be annoying, but I also want to start submitting secondaries. Any opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

Give it a few days. Interfolio reminded her on Saturday and it's now Tuesday. If she hasn't done it by Friday, send her a tactful message inquiring about it and reminding her that the clock is ticking on your application window.

Reactions: 4 users
Give it a few days. Interfolio reminded her on Saturday and it's now Tuesday. If she hasn't done it by Friday, send her a tactful message inquiring about it and reminding her that the clock is ticking on your application window.
If we added a new letter at this point in the cycle, would that delay or restart review at some schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
One more LOR isn't going to move the needle, unless it was a required one that was missing. That might move the file into the queue.
No, I am complete at all schools and have the required LORs submitted. But I did hear adding another one may move back to the end of the queue.

Why take chances? One more LOR isn't going to make much of a difference to your chances overall. More is not better; and have mercy, because we Adcom members have to read these things.
Haha don't mean to inconvenience you all! I just think this one letter provides some pretty solid examples of leadership and service which is why I was considering it.

Why take chances? One more LOR isn't going to make much of a difference to your chances overall. More is not better; and have mercy, because we Adcom members have to read these things.

Preeeach!