LOR Requirements?

Started by LumenOus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LumenOus

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As the tokens are now available and ERAS will be opening soon, I just had a question for the group. I have 1 LOR from the head of my GI department, and the others are from my Department Chair, a Hospitalist, and an Intensivist. Do we need 2 GI attending letters? I have been looking on FRIEDA and individual program web sites and haven't seen much about their LOR requirements.

Any info/personal experience would be great! Thanks in advance!
 
I think it varies based on different programs. I'm not sure that there is uniformity. Normally I would think that only one GI letter might not be ideal, but if it is the division head, this is probably good. Just for comparison I have 3 GI letters, one from my residency PD and one from the head of our hospitalist group. Doubt I will use all, but I got a bunch in case someone wrote a subpar letter.