LOR residency

Started by xClashx
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

xClashx

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How much of a disadvantage would I be if I did not have a LOR from a place that has an anesthesia residency program.

I am currently planning out getting letters and doing aways. I did an anesthesia rotation in my home institution and will be getting a letter from them (it does not have a residency program in anesthesia). I will be getting another letter from a FM doc whom I will have spent 5 months with during my comprehensive community clerkship rotation.

As it stands now, I was going to plan on getting a LOR from my IM subI in 4th year.

I have been applying to aways, and made the mistake of only applying to 3 places. Got accepted to one where I see my self doing residency, but that is late in the application cycle (late sept-oct) so if I were to get a LOR, it would be late.

I am hoping to hear back from one more place, but they get back to me in may 1st. Should I go nuts and apply to 20 different programs or wait for that one school. The problem with applying to more programs now is that I don't know if they are filled and would be wasting $$.

TL;DR:
Would a LOR from anesthesia doc in an institution that does not have a GAS residency program + FM doc + IM sub I LORs suffice?