LOR UMN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predental-4

Reaction score
For the LOR for the UMN school of dentistry, it mentions how teaching assistants (TAs) are acceptable. I have a TA from a science course that would be a strong letter. Would it be okay, even though the TA is a graduate student? Just want to make sure.

Members don't see this ad.

If it says TAs are acceptable then they are acceptable. See if the professor of the course would be willing to co-sign the letter. It will help carry more weight. But if not, it should still be fine

Reactions: 1 user
If it says TAs are acceptable then they are acceptable. See if the professor of the course would be willing to co-sign the letter. It will help carry more weight. But if not, it should still be fine
Awesome, thanks! The professor isn’t responding due to being out of town but either way, they would be strong letters.

Members don't see this ad :)
For the LOR for the UMN school of dentistry, it mentions how teaching assistants (TAs) are acceptable. I have a TA from a science course that would be a strong letter. Would it be okay, even though the TA is a graduate student? Just want to make sure.
Just FYI, if you upload this letter to AADSAS, it will be sent to all the schools you apply to and other schools will probably not accept a letter from a TA. If you're sending it directly to UMN, then it should be fine.

Just FYI, if you upload this letter to AADSAS, it will be sent to all the schools you apply to and other schools will probably not accept a letter from a TA. If you're sending it directly to UMN, then it should be fine.

Awesome, will keep that in mind! Thank you!

Are you sure you want to go to UMN? Last I heard they stopped preparing students for CRDTS, so students who go there will hopefully practice in Minnesota. Lol

Are you sure you want to go to UMN? Last I heard they stopped preparing students for CRDTS, so students who go there will hopefully practice in Minnesota. Lol
Oh, I haven't heard of that. I don't even know what the CRDTS is?