Quantcast

LOR when applying to Med and SMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Faze2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
This summer I will begin applying to med school. I would like to do an SMP during the year off to improve my chances. I know that applying so late for SMPs will put me behind already, which is another reason why I am going to apply to med school as well. (I'd hate to not apply and then get rejected from the SMPs). I have gotten all of my LOR for med school pretty much taken care of already. It was a little tough because I wanted good ones, but I think I accomplished that. But now I need to find LOR for the SMPs now as well. I am in a post bac program so my options for professor letters are limited, seeing how 2 of them are already writing the ones for med school. Letters from my undergrad are out since that was years ago.

I don't just want to get a run-of-the-mill letter for and SMP, so I am hoping that one, or really two, of my professors this semester will be able to write me ones after it is over, but nothing is definate and it has been worrying me a little. Has anyone else been in this situation? How did you go about getting letters for the SMP?

Isoprop

Fascinating, tell me more
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
you can use letters for med school for your letters for smps also. they both want to hear that you are a good student and will make a good doctor. a specific letter for smps isn't really necessary.

of course it doesn't hurt if you have a letter that is "smp-oriented." you can re-ask one of your writers to make some changes for the programs you are interested.