LOR writer misspelled name

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chemdude

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent a thank you e-mail to my letter writer after being notified that my premed committee had received his letter. He replied and misspelled my name twice. It wasn't that big of a mistake; sort of like "Steven" vs. "Stephan".

I'm worried that he may have misspelled my name in the letter. Should I ask him to rewrite the letter, or is this not that big of a deal?

Members don't see this ad.

I sent a thank you e-mail to my letter writer after being notified that my premed committee had received his letter. He replied and misspelled my name twice. It wasn't that big of a mistake; sort of like "Steven" vs. "Stephan".

I'm worried that he may have misspelled my name in the letter. Should I ask him to rewrite the letter, or is this not that big of a deal?

Not a big deal... I've had letters written on behalf of Steven's application suddenly change Steven's gender mid-letter or change his name to George. That's when you have a problem! :laugh: