LOR writers uploaded them to ERAS. How do I send LORs to non-SOAP progs after?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sella turcica

cerebrogenesis imperfecta
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So there are these not-participating-in-SOAP programs that I want to get in touch with after the SOAP doesn't work out. Since all of my LORs were uploaded by the LOR writers (or mailed/scanned in), how would I actually get my LORs, and for that matter my USMLE scores to these programs? Do they all accept applications through ERAS or is there some kind of magic trick I need to do in the next 48 hours? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

So there are these not-participating-in-SOAP programs that I want to get in touch with after the SOAP doesn't work out. Since all of my LORs were uploaded by the LOR writers (or mailed/scanned in), how would I actually get my LORs, and for that matter my USMLE scores to these programs? Do they all accept applications through ERAS or is there some kind of magic trick I need to do in the next 48 hours? Thanks.

Are you an AMG? If so, then you can ask your dean's office designated person to fax/email this. For USMLE scores, you can get a copy of then (have to pay unfortunately) and you can scan it and send it to programs. But easiest thing honestly is to apply through ERAS and send. Can your school help at all with this or can you talk to your old program or anything like that? From what you posted it does not seem that your credentials are an issue so clearly there is something else that's a problem.

I didn't realize that you could use ERAS to send application to programs that don't do SOAP. I thought no SOAP meant they had to be outside of the match due to the "all-in" thing.

as far as i know as i have done this before for positions outside the match and for off-cycle resident, you need everything on you in paper or in PDF.

as programs not in SOAP i would presume to act like off cycle spots/applicants where you would email or fax a copy of your
1. CV
2. personal statement
3. LORs
4. transcripts
5. ECFMG (if applicable) and any other supporting documents the program may require

I didn't realize that you could use ERAS to send application to programs that don't do SOAP. I thought no SOAP meant they had to be outside of the match due to the "all-in" thing.

Remember that ERAS and the Match are two different things. Even Urology programs (which have their own match) use ERAS.

So basically if we are IMGs and used ecfmg/oasis to upload to ERAS and waived our rights to see the letters we are screwed and have to go back to letter writers and ask them for copies.