Lor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fishsticks2629

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am thinking of asking my former college football coach to write a LOR for me. After all he was around me alot and always had to monitor my academic and social life. What do you guys think, would it be appropriate for med school?

Members don't see this ad.

I suppose it depends on what the schools' specifications are. Other than that, I would think that if he can give you a strong letter, it would be a good choice. (Since medical schools want to know you can be a productive part of a team, show leadership, etc.) Most coaches would be qualified to make such an assessment, given that they know you well.

I currently play college football and I am also using my head football coach. I felt like he could attest to my work ethic, leadership on and off the field, passion, etc. and I certainly spent more time with my coaches and teammates than pretty much anyone else in college. We also use a committee letter and my adviser approved using this letter. Go for it!