Loras College Post Baccalaureate College Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anna21

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I’m planning on doing the post-bacc at Loras College but ACT or SAT is one of the admission factor, mine was really low, will it hurt my application? My undergrad GPA and involvements such as research, volunteer, leadership position in organizations are well set. I’m just worried that my ACT score would negatively affect my application

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not familiar with Loras College but I would find it hard to believe that your high school standardized test score would overshadow your seemingly redeemed collegiate experiences. If you're really worried about it, definitely look for other most-graduate programs as well.

How many hours of research, volunteering, and leadership do you have, and what ballpark range of GPA and MCAT are you working with? What are you looking to improve through the post-bacc?

Reactions: 1 user
Have you participated in a chat with the program directors about how they use SAT/ACT information in admitting students? There are a number of different ways it can be used but not to eliminate applications from consideration.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Many times these are just data points. For example, I believe Emory asks for sat or act on secondary (maybe it’s another, I kind of forget) but I don’t think it affects whether one is accepted

Hi all, I’m planning on doing the post-bacc at Loras College but ACT or SAT is one of the admission factor, mine was really low, will it hurt my application? My undergrad GPA and involvements such as research, volunteer, leadership position in organizations are well set. I’m just worried that my ACT score would negatively affect my application
Hi! I was admitted into the program and went through their application process as well. I would strongly advise setting up the optional zoom meetups with the program director & advisor. It felt like a low-pressure, informal interview to get to know the program better and for them to get to know you. After setting that up, I was admitted shortly after.

You could use the opportunity to explain the lower-than-desired scores, and emphasize how you've improved/the strategies you've implemented since then to study differently. I think it's all about how you frame your growth and demonstrate reflection on your part. Best of luck! (=