LoRec help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deadbeet

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a nontrad applicant with decent GPA and high MCAT. I attended a great books college for undergrad. The natural science classes at that school involved reading, discussion, and often mathematical demonstration, of works by the greatest scientific authors in history via small-group socratic method. The school consistently ranks very highly for the rigor of its academics with a number of reviewing agencies. I have taken med school prereqs since graduating. I have applied to a number of DO schools.
My mistake was to ask for science LORs from a number of professors from my undergrad who have taught the nat sci classes, as they actually knew me very well in the context of challenging science concepts, whereas my prereq classes had student bodies >300. These letters have been accepted nearly everywhere.
One DO school I have applied to (and care about) is telling me my letters do not fulfill science prof letter requirements. Is there an acceptable way to send further letters to one school specifically? I don't want to swamp my other do schools with 2 extra letters, especially as I don't have personal relationships with the writers. They will probably be 'deadbeet got an A. He can memorize. Cookie cutter recommendation'. I'm going to ask this school's adcom how to send them, but am hesitant to include my reluctance to send further letters to all do schools, so they may just say 'all letters through aacomas'.
@Goro

Members don't see this ad.

The situation has been resolved. I received an email indicating the school had recently reviewed my letters and decided to accept 2 of them to fulfill the requirements.