LOR's holding up application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentgrl2984

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if there is a thread already related to to my question, but I have only found threads related to medical school. I am a re-applicant and I had all my LOR's last cycle but since we have to ask fo them again, I am having trouble getting in touch with a professor. I am taking a class this summer that I plan on obtaining a letter from, hopefully, just to have another core science LOR (only have 1 core and 1 non science-anthropology). The question is will my application be on hold until they receive all LOR's? My application will be complete June 4th so I am hoping this LOR situation doesn't hold me up. Anyone have an guidance on this? Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

It will have no impact (will not be held) on your AADSAS application being sent out.

(From my experience only):

The individual schools may put you on hold for lack of enough LORs. During the last cycle my app was put on hold at 6 schools due to having only 2 LORs in at the time it was submitted, it wasn't until they received the 3rd one that it was taken off hold (in September).

I had this exact question. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Kahr, did you send the missing LOR's directly to the school or through the AADSAS? Thanks

I had this exact question. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Kahr, did you send the missing LOR's directly to the school or through the AADSAS? Thanks

From the start I had all 4 of my letter writers inputted into AADSAS (they were all sent electronic instructions). There were some supposed technical issues at the school where the 2 who hadn't submitted were at, when they finally submitted, it was electronic and via AADSAS, I then contacted directly via email all the schools I was on hold with, and most of them were able to "reach" into my application and grab the newly submitted LORs (rather than waiting for the ADEA to do their weekly update to schools).

The only reason you would need to submit directly to a school is if you were over your 4 letter limit with AADSAS (Ex: you had 2 letters from science profs, 1 non-science, and 1 dentist, but School A required 3 science letters, so you would send to that specific school an additional letter from another science prof).