LoRs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
N

NP545

Few questions about Rec letters...

- One science professor said that he will write a rec letter to the top 5 people in his class with the best grade, if they ask. Regardless of whether he personally knows you or not. If I finish within the top 5, should I get one from him or should I not ask since he doesn't personally know me? I'd go to office hours, but I find the class pretty easy and nothing much really to talk about with him. I won't be alone in office hours though since it's a large class and others have questions for him.

-Do I need a committee letter if my school offers one? I already have 5 but wanted to know if committee is mandatory

-Does a LoR from a science lab TA count as a LoR from a science class? Or do science LoRs need to be from the actual course, not labs?

Members don't see this ad.

I would consider a letter from that type of professor to be a step above toilet paper. Very very weak.

Science letters are from science based professors. They do not need be from a 'class'.