1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

LoRs

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by NP545, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Few questions about Rec letters...

- One science professor said that he will write a rec letter to the top 5 people in his class with the best grade, if they ask. Regardless of whether he personally knows you or not. If I finish within the top 5, should I get one from him or should I not ask since he doesn't personally know me? I'd go to office hours, but I find the class pretty easy and nothing much really to talk about with him. I won't be alone in office hours though since it's a large class and others have questions for him.

-Do I need a committee letter if my school offers one? I already have 5 but wanted to know if committee is mandatory

-Does a LoR from a science lab TA count as a LoR from a science class? Or do science LoRs need to be from the actual course, not labs?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mimelim

mimelim Vascular Surgery
    Rocket Scientist Physician 7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I would consider a letter from that type of professor to be a step above toilet paper. Very very weak.

Science letters are from science based professors. They do not need be from a 'class'.

4. The lab TA is a grad student, not a professor. Is this okay?

5. mimelim

mimelim Vascular Surgery
    Rocket Scientist Physician 7+ Year Member

Attending Physician