LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spotinho

Just trying to be useful...
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

For all that have recently gone or are going through the process of applying to pod school:
I have checked the LORs requirements for the schools I'm applying to and I was wondering if I should include more letters of recommendation than the number they require. Do you think it is beneficial to send additional letters? or should I just stick with the number required? Should I just call each school specifically and ask? I feel bad calling again, I already called a couple times and keep forgetting to ask questions about the application process. :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Do you think it is beneficial to send additional letters?
I wouldn't send more than required. Quantity doesn't help, it's quality that matters.

look at this this way:

If you have 3 strong letters from science professors, required 2 will do the trick. If you have 2 strong and 1 not so strong. Send only 2 that are strong. If you have 1 that is strong, send it with another one not so strong.

Make sure you include POD LOR if you have one.

I sent 2 science, 1 pod and 1 other one because it was neither, but it was extremely strong letter from a person who knows me well for a long time and talked about my leadership experiences, volnteering, my character and passion.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted into two school before they even had all my letters in sooooo idk if they really care all that much.

Reactions: 2 users
Additional LOR will not do too much to help you, submit them if you want however.
PMS1 is how they label 1st year pod students?

I think I saw Pd1, Pd2, etc system somewhere else

BTW, when you ask faculty/doctor to write LOR who do you tell them to address it to? Being that there is more than 1 school I'll be applying to, should it just be something generic like: "Dear admissions committee,"....? Thanks for the feedback.

It’s actually Podiatric MEDICAL school of better than you University foot and ankle surgery, thank you very much.

Doesn't matter.

Cringe whenever I see that stuff.

Reactions: 1 users
BTW, when you ask faculty/doctor to write LOR who do you tell them to address it to? Being that there is more than 1 school I'll be applying to, should it just be something generic like: "Dear admissions committee,"....? Thanks for the feedback.
Mention to whoever that you will be sending it to multiple schools so they can tailor as they see fit.

Sent mine online through Interfolio so not sure about mailing physical copies.

Consider sending your CV + personal statement/or small summary of any special cases or adversities you went through to your professor writing it.

Mention to whoever that you will be sending it to multiple schools so they can tailor as they see fit.

Sent mine online through Interfolio so not sure about mailing physical copies.

Consider sending your CV + personal statement/or small summary of any special cases or adversities you went through to your professor writing it.
Thanks!

All the chicks dig my DPM. So much so they don’t even know what it is.

My attractiveness rating has increased by negative 2%. All the ladies want me slightly less when they hear 300k in student loan debt to be a foot doctor.

PMS-BTY-UFAFS.

We're pretty much qualified to do anything.

Heart of a nurse. Brain of a doctor. Foot of a model.