LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedSchoolChica

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This might be a repeat post, and if it is, I sincerely apologize. I'm kinda worried though, and would like it if someone could please give me some advice. I'm applying now (AMCAS 2008), and I'm trying to get letters of recommendation lined up. Here's my dilemma: I was a student at one institution, and I've just transferred to another school this semester. I had an appointment with their premed committee to write me a committee letter, except I was just told that they won't do it because I haven't taken enough courses with them here. So I have 6 letters from my previous institution all lined up for the pre-med committee to read, but now I won't have a committee letter. So what do I do now, that I'm committee-less? Do I just have 3 of the letters my recommenders from my other school wrote sent out once secondaries roll around?

Members don't see this ad.

I didnt have the comittee letter at all. I went to the pre-med advisor at my institution once and that was really to just set up a folder for the LoRs. Honestly, It didnt really affect my application at all, as far as I could tell. Never came up in interviews or was requested. They just wanted independant LoRs, maximum of 6, to attest to you abilities to perform research or med school that kinda thing.

Good Luck!