losing knowledge??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ahha3289

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all,

i take step 1 on wednesday. 10 days ago i took nbme 15 with a 258, then finished uworld last week with a 78%, and took nbme 16 six days ago with a 260 (obviously very happy about these results). since then i've just been reading first aid one more time. however, sometimes i will see a something like a drug name, for example, and think "$&*@-- i don't remember anything about it" then i'll look through first aid and see a bunch of other things that i previously didn't know. is 1 week enough time to lose it all?? i have been reading first aid every day this week but have this nagging fear that each new bit of info i put into my brain is pushing out something i used to know. also since i finished uworld i have only sporadically had time to re-do some incorrect questions but definitely won't be able to get through them all. am i losing momentum?

i guess i'm just wondering (hoping) that other people have felt similarly and still had success on step 1. any advice? also, will i get any benefit out of doing the free 150 tomorrow? i've heard it's too easy compared to actual exam and there's still material i would like to read over one more time, but if it's a valuable self-assessment then i'll go for it.

Members don't see this ad.