loss of a thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ADRIANSHOE

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok, so maybe the thread is simply being updated.

Its curious however that the Nova versus COMP
has suddenly been destroyed and that access to the thread is being denied.
no comment from the peanut gallery on why?
Very curious, no?
truth has a way of bringing out the worst in people.

Members don't see this ad.

Big Brother is watching...

I noticed too - what gives?!!!

A-- your responses have been interesting. What else can you add about NOVA that you think we should know?

Thanks.

its curious how these things happen.

one person gives facts and opinions based upon personal observation.

another couple of people choose the personal attack method rather than engage in meaningful dialogue.

suddenly the thread is unceromoniously pulled without explanation leaving us all to wonder why:
1. was it the fact that goblue attempted to diagnose me with depression even though he has no medical license (a third degree felony in florida if convicted)
2. was it because the unprofessional nature of such personal attacks
3. was it because someone felt that they had to protect Nova from negative comments which i submitted and more than that i can easily prove with four years of documentation and a variety of witness statements?
the only sad thing is that in the silence surrounding the act of censorship we are forced to ponder the censors true motives, herein lies the seed which leads to paranoid thoughts. resist them, it may just be a computer glitch and the thread may soon magically reappear.

Members don't see this ad :)
information:

Remember these two on threads?
http://www.studentdoctor.net/bbs/Forum5/HTML/000763.html
http://www.studentdoctor.net/bbs/Forum5/HTML/000766.html

courtesy of Royce, thread closed for bashing Western. When asked publicly SDN said it was for "legal" issues and anyone wanting to know more should contact them off the board.

Since the thread wasn't that inflammatory I was curious, so I e-mailed them. I specifically asked them what made the Western thread different from all of your belly aching about Nova, because it didn't make sense. The response was that while they didn't agree with censorship, they had been threatened with legal action if they didn't close Royce's thread. They also said they never closed any of yours about Nova because no one ever complained or threatened legal retaliation.

My guess would be now someone has.

If you notice, you can still search for your missing thread and it appears but the message is "access is denied". As a computer geek who also runs a threaded discussion I can fairly confidently say your missing thread is probably no "accident". I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

[This message has been edited by mj (edited April 03, 2001).]

well there you have it...Telling the truth opens up fear of legal reprisals however hollow the threat....why not just give them my name and let them sue me themselves....I hereby absolve studentdoctor forum from any statements made by myself, being fully confident in the massive factual basis on which i am willing to submit in any legal battle they choose....shall we start with the attempt to extort a waiver of liability absolving Nova of any future suit. or should we start with placing people on academic probation for missing a NON nova event while not placing students on probation when they miss tons of classes...add that to the fact that the penalty of probation was administered AFTER the event rather than openly stating such a penalty might exist prior to the event....in short, let me take all your heat, give them my name my address and let them sue me if you are scared. An open forum cannot by virtue of its very stated nature be held legally liable for an individuals opinions expressed therein. THE INDIVIDUAL IS LIABLE and i accept this liability. in short....bring it on and I will show just how much they DONT want their actions exposed.

I would bet that as soon as the legal papers were handed to you and the thought of losing the two peanuts your getting paid for internship were in jeopardy, the welfare of your wife and kids might become slightly more important than the vengence you seek.

whether you would accept responsibility on behalf of SDN or not really is moot. They can still be sued, papers filed against them, and have to spend their small resources defending the claim, even if it is without merit. While I don't necessarily agree with this choice, I can at least understand why it would be made. If all of their money goes to defending legal claims, they can't support further operation of the forum, which while not perfect, is a fairly decent resource and one of the better forum sites frequent. You of all people know that the legal system is as much a game of power than justice or fairness.

To them it is an acceptable loss -- good of the many...

you have a point, i acquiese.
i will only talk of things that occurred at Nova and not mention by name those persons who were in the most direct positions of power to either make or approve these decisions and as such have to assume responsibility for hiring family members, allowing policies which are inconsistently applied and generally disenfranchise the very people they should be empowering ie their students and alumni...these folk will not be mentioned by name, only NOVA in a general sense.

not having a wife, i doubt i would put her imaginary existence in any danger.
as for the two peanuts i am getting paid for internship, you make my point exactly...most people would run screaming from taking an ethical stance and that is the response you yourself have made on every occasion we have discussed anything in the past, your self preservation is your top priority so you presume that is also mine, ignorance being a wonderful thing, however i have no problem walking away from medicine if the need arise, medicine needs people with ethics more than people with ethics need it, that is true of all professions.
also, i have no fear of legal ramifications because if they were stupid enough to risk exposure by suing me THEY would have to prove their case not I because the burden of proof would be on them....think about what a risk they would be taking if i only raised a little doubt in the juries mind....but i dont have to worry about that, i have plenty of proof for all my allegations which is why they will never dream of attacking me openly because they would end up paying for my medical school if they were so foolish.
a more likely (certainly a more traditional tactic in such scenarios) is to attempt character assasination similar to the type you foolishly attempt. But since sense of self doesnt revolve around other peoples opinions about my character they only risk their own exposure were they to try this. Thats why Studentdoctor has more to fear than i, they are innocents caught in the middle with no historical facts to back their allegations....i dont have that problem.