lost and insecure...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predent3591

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
There is nothing you can do at this point. Just patiently wait, it's still early in the game. I'm pretty sure that schools will notice your dedication and determination to pursue dentistry. Wish you best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Someone should probably have told you that in master's programs, a 3.6 is not really considered a strong GPA. A very high GPA is expected in SMP's - 3.8+. Master's programs tend to have inflated grading, and expectations are adjusted accordingly. There's a reason graduate GPA averages/ranges of accepted students in the ADEA guide are so much higher than the undergraduate GPA's.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe Rutgers have guaranteed acceptance with their SMP program if you get 3.5 and have 21 DAT! cant you qualify for that ?

Reactions: 1 user

Last edited:
i did the program. there was no mention of a guaranteed acceptance! but if this is true that would be amazing lol
I was accepted at their program and they send the agreement to me via email, I chose to go to Midwestern instead , however , you should call them and ask about this ! I still have that email !!

Reactions: 1 users
i think you're fine. you're on the young to average side of accepted applicants. Your stats are super solid, i wouldn't worry about them at all. If I were in your shoes I would focus a lot on your interview. Also, keep in mind dental is no. 1 competitive grad program in the country right now, so don't expect being good enough as automatic acceptance. Likewise, don't get discouraged when you don't get in with good stats and good interview (In other words, don't take it personally). Good luck. You have your whole life ahead of you still, so if you don't get it, take some time to travel or enjoy your youth and keep applying. If it's really your passion, you'll break through into an acceptance eventually.

oh i looked at your grad stats as far as gpa goes....ok i see it's your Ugrad gpa. That may be an issue. Still, keep at it or consider some back up plans like offshore schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Predent 3591,
Stay encouraged and let us know of your interviews. There's nothing more you can do now but wait.
Remember, the adcoms look at more than just your grades. Hopefully your whole package was pretty solid.

You can't give up! It's still early, and it's clear that you're committed and motivated for dentistry!

I really admire your dedication, and your hard work will get you in this time; you've showed a great positive trend, which schools will love.

Just stay positive, and know that you will get interviews, even if you haven't already.

Keep up the positive trend, and I'm here (I'm sure with many others), wishing you the best of luck in this cycle, and your future endeavors in dentistry! :)

If I were you I would update the school(s) with the "continuing review" and "held for further review" with anything relevant on your application. i.e. shadowing, volunteer work, awards, etc.

Reactions: 1 users
i think you're fine. you're on the young to average side of accepted applicants. Your stats are super solid, i wouldn't worry about them at all. If I were in your shoes I would focus a lot on your interview. Also, keep in mind dental is no. 1 competitive grad program in the country right now, so don't expect being good enough as automatic acceptance. Likewise, don't get discouraged when you don't get in with good stats and good interview (In other words, don't take it personally). Good luck. You have your whole life ahead of you still, so if you don't get it, take some time to travel or enjoy your youth and keep applying. If it's really your passion, you'll break through into an acceptance eventually.

Where did you get that info?

thanks for everyone thats been saying positive and kind things to me!! :) you guys are awesome

I think we all know it's the hardest to get into these days