Lost and Need Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Innoutburgers

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am a current Ph.D. student in the natural sciences that is in an interesting situation. I have been working in a lab for a year now and was kicked out over the false pretense that I haven't done any work towards my project. Instead, a senior lab member has taken credit for all of the work that I have done. The Dean, my previous advisor, and the graduate school has supported the decision to kick me out of the lab without looking at any evidence.

I have decided that it is in my best interest to remove myself from the program and am seriously considering starting on a journey towards medical school. A few stats:
Ugrad GPA: 3.67 c GPA 3.81 s GPA
Biochemistry, B. A. Completed in 2015
Masters in Natural Sciences, M. S.
Masters GPA: 3.55 completed in 2016

I have one first author pub from my masters. I have shadowed years ago for a couple hours and volunteered for around 100 hours at a hospital. I am willing to put in the work to reset my path towards medicine. I am worried about getting LORs due to the time that I have been out of Ugrad and the nature of the situation at my current school. If you guys have any perspectives or advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm particular, I am wondering if I should enroll in a post bacc program in the near future.

Members don't see this ad.