LOST! GradPlus and Stafford Loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SCTROJANS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have received both gradplus and stafford loans. I am looking to change the amount of the gradplus loan and I am not sure how to do that. The paper mpn's have no figures on them at all! Also, I have heard a lot about choosing the best lender. When in the process of accepting the loan am I supposed to choose a lender? Ive searched a lot, but all of the information is on which lender to choose haha. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I have received both gradplus and stafford loans. I am looking to change the amount of the gradplus loan and I am not sure how to do that. The paper mpn's have no figures on them at all! Also, I have heard a lot about choosing the best lender. When in the process of accepting the loan am I supposed to choose a lender? Ive searched a lot, but all of the information is on which lender to choose haha. thanks!

You normally apply directly for the gradplus loan so you can specify how much you want then. As for lenders, it depends. If you go to a school that offers direct loans (which I think most are doing now), that's probably your best bet. Otherwise, there's honestly not a lot of difference in offers from other lenders. The financial aid market used to be very profitable for lenders, so there was lots of competition for customers. It's not anymore, and lots of lenders have left the market.

Also, your financial aid office is probably your best bet for asking these types of questions. They'll especially know the details for filling out their forms.