Lost in the Corn...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sarahjth

PharmD Wannabe!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well first of all, Hi.. My name is Sarah and I live in a small town outside of Peoria, IL. There I work for a wonderful man who has spent the last 3 years showing me the ropes to become a pharmacist. In other words, I am a pharmacy technician of almost 4 years... (since I was 15) The rewards are great.. amazing pay for a HS/College student.. get to know your customers.. and generally I love it. In fact, the pharmacist (there's only one) enjoys my company and lets me take over.. I do everything he does and on several occasions have helped him figure out his problems.. Well to make a long story short, I am from a very small, rural town.. Corn is all around me and in my high school, learning Chemistry and Biology wasn't nearly a priority compared to Ag shop and Livestock. This year I started first year of Pre-pharmacy at Western Illinois University - great school and close to home.. I was patting myself on the back for surviving a B in the class.. because unlike most students in that class, I had to teach myself everything. (the teacher assumed we were all educated in chemistry) Most of the "sciencey" classes.. I am getting B's in.. and that's with a lot of studying.. and a lot of luck :luck: This summer I am taking 9 hours, next fall 18 hours.. etc. I am trying to finish pre-pharmacy in two years... But my GPA is at a 2.5 accum./3.0 science. :( I figured I'd be okay.. but now I am so worried. :mad: I cannot give up! I have came so far.. Help!

Members don't see this ad.

Since your science GPA is better than your cumulative I would say....
Talk to people, find out what classes you need to take to pad your GPA. While you are doing that (even in the summers) you can lay back because they are no big deal when you are used to the harder stuff.

Examples of my padding...
Wellness
First Aid
Bowling
Health 100
Nutrition

I had a pretty good time in undergrad and still managed to make it to pharmacy school in 2 years....
But i took hard classes in summer school at a local college.

I was trying to get done in 2 years.. how long did it take you? I honestly wished I had started with the easier classes.. get a 4.0 my first semester.. so I could of worked off of that! :confused: If only I could go back into time.