• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

Hey, is it wrong to say you went to Louisiana Tech when in fact you just took classes at their community extension program?

About the Ads

That's a tough one.

It's like when someone tells you that they attend LSU, when really it's LSU-S or LSU-A.

When people ask me where I went to medical school I say "LSU" even though it was Shreveport and not New Orleans. I mean, it is LSU. It's not like LSU Shreveport is an extension of New Orleans for people going to medical school at night while they work at the Piggly-Wiggly during the day. We do, in fact, have our own chancellor and the academic standards are as high (or as low) as those for New Orleans.

Unlike Harvard (for example), telling a Piny Hills girl that you are at 'Tech is hugely successful as pick-up line as a typical college boy can probably eventually get the girl that double-wide she and her momma have always dreamed about.

avenue

Partying like a rockstar.
10+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2006
New Orleans
www.facebook.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I was talking about undergrads. LSU-S and LSU-A have their own colors and mascots, seperate from LSU (Baton Rouge).

I totally agree with you in reference to the medical schools.

Lagniappe

10+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Quantum, you mean Northeast (I'm sorry, ULM) is not the most prestigious university in northern Louisiana? After all these years, I'm so disillusioned to find out I'm not as special as I thought I was...:D

Quantum, you mean Northeast (I'm sorry, ULM) is not the most prestigious university in northern Louisiana? After all these years, I'm so disillusioned to find out I'm not as special as I thought I was...:D

I copied this straight from US News and World Report's web site:

47. Penn State
48. Louisiana Tech
49. ULM Monroe
50. Harvard
51. Grambling
52. LSU Shreveport

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.