Louisiana Tech Extension Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.
Hey, is it wrong to say you went to Louisiana Tech when in fact you just took classes at their community extension program?

QuantumMechanic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I mean its like claiming you went to the most prestigious school in northern Louisiana! :horns:

avenue

Partying like a rockstar.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
That's a tough one.

It's like when someone tells you that they attend LSU, when really it's LSU-S or LSU-A.

That's a tough one.

It's like when someone tells you that they attend LSU, when really it's LSU-S or LSU-A.

When people ask me where I went to medical school I say "LSU" even though it was Shreveport and not New Orleans. I mean, it is LSU. It's not like LSU Shreveport is an extension of New Orleans for people going to medical school at night while they work at the Piggly-Wiggly during the day. We do, in fact, have our own chancellor and the academic standards are as high (or as low) as those for New Orleans.

Unlike Harvard (for example), telling a Piny Hills girl that you are at 'Tech is hugely successful as pick-up line as a typical college boy can probably eventually get the girl that double-wide she and her momma have always dreamed about.

avenue

Partying like a rockstar.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was talking about undergrads. LSU-S and LSU-A have their own colors and mascots, seperate from LSU (Baton Rouge).

I totally agree with you in reference to the medical schools.

Lagniappe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quantum, you mean Northeast (I'm sorry, ULM) is not the most prestigious university in northern Louisiana? After all these years, I'm so disillusioned to find out I'm not as special as I thought I was...:D

Quantum, you mean Northeast (I'm sorry, ULM) is not the most prestigious university in northern Louisiana? After all these years, I'm so disillusioned to find out I'm not as special as I thought I was...:D

I copied this straight from US News and World Report's web site:

47. Penn State
48. Louisiana Tech
49. ULM Monroe
50. Harvard
51. Grambling
52. LSU Shreveport

MonkeyNuts!

Even Kal has bad days...
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
is this poking fun at the harvard thread