Louisville (IS) vs. MUSC (OOS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

molarnator225

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I'm having a really hard time deciding between these two schools. Please try to help me decide on factors not based just on cost.

Louisville:
closer to home
lots of experience with specialties
beautiful facility
cheaper
con: large class size, location of school (middle of downtown), I've also heard some 4th year's have trouble finding patients

MUSC:
BEAUTIFUL campus and city
smaller class size
very friendly atmosphere
beautiful facility
cons: far from home, VERY expensive

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, so I'm having a really hard time deciding between these two schools. Please try to help me decide on factors not based just on cost.

Louisville:
closer to home
lots of experience with specialties
beautiful facility
cheaper
con: large class size, location of school (middle of downtown), I've also heard some 4th year's have trouble finding patients

MUSC:
BEAUTIFUL campus and city
smaller class size
very friendly atmosphere
beautiful facility
cons: far from home, VERY expensive

Thoughts?
Louisville and it's not even close.

Reactions: 1 user
Louisville have everything that MUSC have. Both have inhouse specialties programs, both facilities are newly renovated, both have up to date technologies, and both have a reputation for producing great clinicians. The major differences are the class size and location (middle of downtown too). Can you justify paying a 150k difference for just two factors that wont even help you after you graduate?

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Charleston may be appealing, but also think about the risk of hurricanes and closures during that season. I know that may not be a big thing, but it's definitely something I personally took into consideration when thinking about applying.

Louisville have everything that MUSC have. Both have inhouse specialties programs, both facilities are newly renovated, both have up to date technologies, and both have a reputation for producing great clinicians. The major differences are the class size and location (middle of downtown too). Can you justify paying a 150k difference for just two factors that wont even help you after you graduate?
I appreciate your in depth response. Thanks!