Loupes Magnification Designs for Vision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LeagueofLigTies

Resident Orthodontist
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Our school is making us start out with 2.5x Designs for Vision loupes, but we have the option to upgrade to a higher magnification within the year. Should I do it, and if so which magnification and option is good? I see they have a few different options like Micro-EF and panoramic. The panoramic loupes seem great.
 

Attachments

  • 2D5BEAAB-7B5D-4B61-8875-265BBE7F89F5.jpeg
    2D5BEAAB-7B5D-4B61-8875-265BBE7F89F5.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 605
Our school is making us start out with 2.5x Designs for Vision loupes, but we have the option to upgrade to a higher magnification within the year. Should I do it, and if so which magnification and option is good? I see they have a few different options like Micro-EF and panoramic. The panoramic loupes seem great.
I got D4V 2.5x, honestly I wish I had done 3.5x. Can you just start with 3.5 instead of 2.5? I think thats much better if possible.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I started with their 2.5 standard and upgraded to the 3.5 EF micro, cost difference was like $600 for the upgrade and their turnaround was only a couple of weeks. So glad I made the upgrade, once you go from 2.5-->3.5 and then put on a 2.5 it feels like you weren't even using magnification in the first place. Really helps for finishing details with preps in the sim lab.
 
I started with their 2.5 standard and upgraded to the 3.5 EF micro, cost difference was like $600 for the upgrade and their turnaround was only a couple of weeks. So glad I made the upgrade, once you go from 2.5-->3.5 and then put on a 2.5 it feels like you weren't even using magnification in the first place. Really helps for finishing details with preps in the sim lab.
Thanks! I was debating between EF micro and the panoramic