Low Class Rank/Decent GPA - Peds Residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RockThisDAT

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey folks, long time lurker but first time posting. I’m a D4 with a 3.8 GPA and recently checked my class rank. Turns out I’m in the bottom 10% of my class. Absolutely crushed at first to hear this, but also shocked because I thought I was doing ok.

I was hoping to apply to residency this summer (peds), but I don’t even know where I stand anymore after seeing my class rank. I was super involved with extracurriculars all 4 years, did research, went to many conferences, so the other parts of my application are good. I’m worried about how class rank will affect my app. Any thoughts?

Also, has anyone else experienced anything similar to this in terms of class rank/gpa?