Low GPA and Postbac Admissions

Started by Ducky8989
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ducky8989

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How likely is it that I can gain acceptance to postbac programs at NYU or Columbia with a 3.0 GPA? I have taken no math or science courses and am graduating from a top tier undergraduate institution this June with a degree in liberal arts.
 
I'm not sure if this (or, rather, June when I will complete my application) would necessarily be considered late in the rolling admissions period for me because I am not graduating until June and they require a final transcript showing I earned my degree in order to complete the application. All spring graduates will be in the same boat in this respect and I have been told by their admissions office that they hold specific spots for these applicants.

That aside, I am just having a hard time getting an idea of either school's admissions standards so if anyone could shed some light on this I would very much appreciate it. Most people have said as long as I have a GPA of 3.0 or higher I will be fine, but I am wondering if that really is the case for those that are very close to the cutoff.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Both of these have been pretty well published on the board, a little reading should yield the answer