Low GPA and Postbac Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ducky8989

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How likely is it that I can gain acceptance to postbac programs at NYU or Columbia with a 3.0 GPA? I have taken no math or science courses and am graduating from a top tier undergraduate institution this June with a degree in liberal arts.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure if this (or, rather, June when I will complete my application) would necessarily be considered late in the rolling admissions period for me because I am not graduating until June and they require a final transcript showing I earned my degree in order to complete the application. All spring graduates will be in the same boat in this respect and I have been told by their admissions office that they hold specific spots for these applicants.

That aside, I am just having a hard time getting an idea of either school's admissions standards so if anyone could shed some light on this I would very much appreciate it. Most people have said as long as I have a GPA of 3.0 or higher I will be fine, but I am wondering if that really is the case for those that are very close to the cutoff.

Members don't see this ad :)
Both of these have been pretty well published on the board, a little reading should yield the answer