LOW GPA/MCAT NEED ADVICE!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigD5291

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have seen several posts on low gpa's but most people on here consider a 3.0 low...When I talk about low I am talking around a 2.5..I graduated with a 2.56 with my science gpa even lower than that. I have retaken a few courses since graduating at a different college so those number should be slightly better. I also have a 14 MCAT which is utterly disgusting and embarrassing haha.

Anyways, I have done countless hours of research on this subject and visited numerous medical school websites and sent dozens of emails and I can't seem to find a definite answer. I want to get into med school but I have applied to master's programs in hopes that'll help but I have doubts I will even get into any of those.

Anyone know of any good advice or if there is still a chance? Any Caribbean schools that I might be able to get into? I am willing to go pretty much anywhere as long as it is an accredited school and I can practice in the U.S (particularly Florida).

I would appreciate any and all advice!!!! I hate to sound desperate, but I am haha. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I have seen several posts on low gpa's but most people on here consider a 3.0 low...When I talk about low I am talking around a 2.5..I graduated with a 2.56 with my science gpa even lower than that. I have retaken a few courses since graduating at a different college so those number should be slightly better. I also have a 14 MCAT which is utterly disgusting and embarrassing haha.

Anyways, I have done countless hours of research on this subject and visited numerous medical school websites and sent dozens of emails and I can't seem to find a definite answer. I want to get into med school but I have applied to master's programs in hopes that'll help but I have doubts I will even get into any of those.

Anyone know of any good advice or if there is still a chance? Any Caribbean schools that I might be able to get into? I am willing to go pretty much anywhere as long as it is an accredited school and I can practice in the U.S (particularly Florida).

I would appreciate any and all advice!!!! I hate to sound desperate, but I am haha. Thanks in advance!
If you apply to AACOMAS DO med schools, like the two in Florida, you can take advantage of their grade forgiveness policy. This means that when you retake a class for the same hours or greater (need not be at the same school) the last grade earned is the only one that counts toward your application GPAs. If you retake your low science grades, chances are that your MCAT performance will improve.

You have no chance as it stands. You need a GPA over 3.0 and an MCAT of at least a 25 in order to have a shot at the newer DO schools.

Take advantage of grade replacement

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all,

How much time did you spend prepping for that MCAT?