Low GPA, need advice please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nicholle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have received a C and a C- in general biology and a C+ in general chemistry. I know that these grades are really awful. I messed up in general biology because it was my freshmen year and I did not know how to properly study for college courses yet. I know that I can retake them and do better in the course. I am just nervous that I won't be able to get into an MD medical school even if I retake general biology, as well as take more upper level courses and get good grades in them. Is there any hope of me still getting into an MD school?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I have received a C and a C- in general biology and a C+ in general chemistry. I know that these grades are really awful. I messed up in general biology because it was my freshmen year and I did not know how to properly study for college courses yet. I know that I can retake them and do better in the course. I am just nervous that I won't be able to get into an MD medical school even if I retake general biology, as well as take more upper level courses and get good grades in them. Is there any hope of me still getting into an MD school?

Thank you!

You still have a lot of time to do damage control. Retake the classes you got less than a C+ in. Ace them. Get as many A's from here on out as you can. Luckily, schools can be forgiving of a bad freshman year.