low gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sapna

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

those scores may seem low to you, but they're not that bad. i know someone in med school with those stats. just make sure you research the schools you're interested in to make sure they don't have any definite cut-offs

yeah i agree with rasberry
you definatly have a goodshot at pod school
go talk with the admission people
they will definatly let you know if there is anything lacking in your app
but as far as pod school goes, the 25 should do it..provided you did your prereqs..i am not sure about californias admission policies but like i said i cant imagine it being a problem
-j
p.s.
just do your research and make sure podiatry is what you want....
whatvere you decide
goodluck

Members don't see this ad :)
hey sapna
i never applied though the aacpm website...
i go to ny podiatric so i just applied directly to them
i am prety sure that you would hear back fomr them pretty quickly...but dont hesitate to call the admissions offie..so long as your polite and sound professional on the phone..they will be helpful in terms of letting you know if they are missing anything from your app, or if there are any problems with it
and dont worry about applying late....most pod school dont care..but the earlier you get your app in...the better
-j

Originally posted by sapna
I'm wondering if anybody could give me their opinions on my chances of getting into pod school with my stat's - which are admittedly pretty bad. I have a cumulative gpa of about 2.7, a science gpa of 2.5 and a non-science gpa of 3.1. Yeah, I know, pretty bad. I wrote the MCAT twice, the first time got a 22-Q and the second time a 25-Q. I'm applying to all the school's but my first choice is definetly california just because i want to stay on the west coast. I know people say just about anybody can get into pod school, but could somebody with a gpa as low as mine really get in....any thoughts or opinions?

Dude..........chill........with those stats, you'll probably get a scholarship to Podiatry school.