Low gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr GAUVA

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi i am an orthodontist from India with 3 years experience after MDS and cleared part 1 .... My gpa is 2.36 ..... Should I apply for dds ?? Or i would never get it ?? Plz reply

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! Admissions in dds are based on multiple criteria. Research, practical skills, personal statement and of course gpa. If you are really interested, give it a shot after clearing part 2. You can improve your gpa by joining a dental course in the US, which is not for licensure. Then try for dds maybe....

Hmm thanks Tia ...... I will work on it ......

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! Admissions in dds are based on multiple criteria. Research, practical skills, personal statement and of course gpa. If you are really interested, give it a shot after clearing part 2. You can improve your gpa by joining a dental course in the US, which is not for licensure. Then try for dds maybe....
Can you please explain the research part more! How can I get it and what are my duties if I get in thanks

Can you please explain the dental courses to improve gpa? Thanx

Hey! Sorry m not aware of the research part in the US, in India you can take up a project in your university or colg in collaboration with the faculty. The courses though are a lot....you could take up preceptorships for example. I know of UCLA, it does offer some. Then there are dental programs which are non CODA accredited available at universities. These programs are generally a year or 2 long and provide you with good exposure. The AEGD programs offered at multiple univs are also a good option.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! Sorry m not aware of the research part in the US, in India you can take up a project in your university or colg in collaboration with the faculty. The courses though are a lot....you could take up preceptorships for example. I know of UCLA, it does offer some. Then there are dental programs which are non CODA accredited available at universities. These programs are generally a year or 2 long and provide you with good exposure. The AEGD programs offered at multiple univs are also a good option.
Thank you !!! I will look for the preceptorship