Low Grades in Non-prerequisite

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NuclearFission

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here know how schools will view this? Low grades in Non-prerequisite?

It's simple to say that they will not look at it but hypothetically speaking, what if you have As and Bs in your prerequisite courses for prepharmacy and straight Cs or lower in your bachelors course work?

Will the prerequisite grades be plucked off the transcript onto another sheet of paper for the administrators to review or will those other courses remain side by side along with the prerequistie courses?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the school, however, low grades in any school shows lack of work ethic and doesn't look good for any type of professional or graduate school regardless of your grades in the required courses.

I am in the same boat. My prereqs GPA is like 3.68 while my cummulative GPA is now 3.2. I was having C's in philosophy, Geology (not even needed), and history, etc.

my Pre req is 3.74 ---> with a cum of 3.6 because of ****ty early I dont care grades... its not the end of the world... no sense worrying over spilled milk.

~above~