Low OAT high Gpa. Helppppp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ab2749

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I just took my OAT and got an overall of 270. Not sure how that even happened but I guess ill just retake it then, but my Gpa is 3.8 overall and 3.7 in science. I am only applying to Nova... Any inputs about nova? I also applied September 30, and still not verified... Is it too late? Please help im not sure what exactly to do

Members don't see this ad.

It's not too late. But you could call NOVA and ask what they think will happen to your application in this situation?

It's not too late. But you could call NOVA and ask what they think will happen to your application in this situation?
I gave them a call and they weren't much of a help

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you should retake the OAT and consider applying to at least one or two more schools. Also, keep calling NOVA and you should get a response from someone else. Good luck!

I think you should retake the OAT and consider applying to at least one or two more schools. Also, keep calling NOVA and you should get a response from someone else. Good luck!
I'm deff retaking the OAT but I already applied and paid Thats my dilemma! But thank you!

I'm deff retaking the OAT but I already applied and paid Thats my dilemma! But thank you!

Just add to your application in OptomCAS in the OAT section that you have another planned test date and click update. The schools can see this and take that into consideration. Many will let you know if they want you to retake, I would probably re-take as soon as the 3 month wait period is up if I were you. Best of luck!

Just add to your application in OptomCAS in the OAT section that you have another planned test date and click update. The schools can see this and take that into consideration. Many will let you know if they want you to retake, I would probably re-take as soon as the 3 month wait period is up if I were you. Best of luck!
can I still register for another exam during the 3 month period or i have to wait after the 3 month has passed?

You won't get a lot higher for the retake. I heard the OAT has been recalibrated to make most people stay close to the national average of 300.

So? 270 is not going to get you into a school unless the rest of your application is amazing. Getting at least a 300 would show improvement on OPs part and at least a better chance of getting in.

Go for it Ab2479. Study more and smarter and it will improve your chances drastically.

Reactions: 1 user
So? 270 is not going to get you into a school unless the rest of your application is amazing. Getting at least a 300 would show improvement on OPs part and at least a better chance of getting in.

Go for it Ab2479. Study more and smarter and it will improve your chances drastically.
Thank youuuu! am retaking it and currently studying my butt off for it!

The first time I took the OAT I wasn't too serious about it and I had gotten 320/330 with orgo under 300 and the second time I took it I got 350/350. Definitely possible for you to improve your score!
Standardized testing is definitely gruelling but you can improve it versus how you don't need to improve your GPA :)

Reactions: 1 user