Low OAT scores today.

Glaucisxtra

Reaction score
Hello,
I took my OAT today and I got really low scores. I studied for 2 solid months literally every day for about 7 hours a day.
I used the Big Kaplan book, Kaplan lesson book, Kaplan practice questions book, and Princeton review cracking the oat for physics. The Princeton review came with “drills” online for all the other subjects and 2 full length practice exams and so did Kaplan.
I am graduating this coming fall with my bachelors degree. I have a 3.0 gpa.
I have an ophthalmic technician degree and worked in opthalmogy for 3 years. I have Optometry shadowing hours and surgery shadowing hours.

I scored:
QR 260
RC 260
Bio 260
Gen chem 280
Orgo 290
Physics 300
TS 280, AA 280

This was not an easy test and It was my first time taking it. I was surprised at my Orgo score since I got a B in Orgo 1 and an A in Orgo 2.

Anyways has anyone gotten these low scores before and applied? I was hoping to apply for fall 2019. Do you guys think it’s impossible for me to get accepted somewhere?

I love this field and I really want to carry and optometry degree.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
hi there! I'd like to know too if you saw any magnetism or quantum physics on the OAT! Thank you!

If I recall correctly, yes there was. Magnetism and quantum. And if I recall correctly, they were pretty simple. Not too complex or detailed. Just the basics. 1 or 2 questions on each I think.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey sorry guys but heres an update:
I got an interview offer at Salus :)
thats really it so far. fingers crossed it goes well.
I also got an interview for Salus in September. I'm a bit nervous too. Let me know how yours go!!

Reactions: 2 users
Have you heard back from Salus yet on wether you got accepted or not? Hope everything is going well for you!!
Hey! I had my interview and it went super well!(at least I think) they said up to 2 weeks to hear back from them and this Friday marks 2 weeks and I haven’t heard from they yet. Making nervous honestly but I hope I get that acceptance!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey,

I took my OAT yesterday and scored 280 on TS and AA. I have a 3.4 GPA with 9 months of experience working for an optometrist. You guys think I have a chance of getting in at any of the schools?

Hey,

I took my OAT yesterday and scored 280 on TS and AA. I have a 3.4 GPA with 9 months of experience working for an optometrist. You guys think I have a chance of getting in at any of the schools?
I would definitely apply!! I bet you have a pretty good chance, just turn it in as soon as possible! Best of luck :)

I would definitely apply!! I bet you have a pretty good chance, just turn it in as soon as possible! Best of luck :)
i’m finding it hard to get interviews with the same stats only because of the oat score. you’ll most likely have to retake the oats for an interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
how did you study? Did you take any practice exams? if so, what did you get on those
I used Kaplan book and Chad's videos to study. For practice I used OAT destroyer and achiever. On OAT Achiever, I scored AA 280 and 290 second time. On the paid ADA, I got AA 330.

Hey! I had my interview and it went super well!(at least I think) they said up to 2 weeks to hear back from them and this Friday marks 2 weeks and I haven’t heard from they yet. Making nervous honestly but I hope I get that acceptance!
Did you hear back from Salus yet? Today marks two weeks since my interview and I haven’t heard anything yet. I’m really hoping I get accepted!!

Did you hear back from Salus yet? Today marks two weeks since my interview and I haven’t heard anything yet. I’m really hoping I get accepted!!
Hey! I got a letter in the mail about 3 days after the 2 week mark staing that they still haven’t made a decision. :/ so just waiting still. I hope I get in.

I used Kaplan book and Chad's videos to study. For practice I used OAT destroyer and achiever. On OAT Achiever, I scored AA 280 and 290 second time. On the paid ADA, I got AA 330.
on the paid ADA, are you able to review your questions and see explanations? and take it again?

Hey Glaucisxtra,

I’ve been following a lot of the class of 2023 threads, and I was wondering if you has heard back from the schools you applied to regarding acceptances?

Hey Glaucisxtra,

I’ve been following a lot of the class of 2023 threads, and I was wondering if you has heard back from the schools you applied to regarding acceptances?
Did not get any acceptance. almost all schools I applied put me on hold for OAT retake :/

Hey sorry for the delayed response. I have been working on my application through OptomCAS and writting the personal statement and getting evaluation requests out. I hope to apply by this Friday. I’m waiting for a couple friends to read my essay over and give me feedback. Wish me luck!!
I’m applying to 8 schools btw.
ICO(top choice), NOVA, SUNY(I have no chance but I’m applying anyways and taking feedback from them if any), Salus, Kentucky, SCO, SCCO.

I’ll make a forum on what happens next. (When I get rejection letter after rejection letter :p) jk gotta laugh through the pain.
why ICO is your top choice?

Hello,
I took my OAT today and I got really low scores. I studied for 2 solid months literally every day for about 7 hours a day.
I used the Big Kaplan book, Kaplan lesson book, Kaplan practice questions book, and Princeton review cracking the oat for physics. The Princeton review came with “drills” online for all the other subjects and 2 full length practice exams and so did Kaplan.
I am graduating this coming fall with my bachelors degree. I have a 3.0 gpa.
I have an ophthalmic technician degree and worked in opthalmogy for 3 years. I have Optometry shadowing hours and surgery shadowing hours.

I scored:
QR 260
RC 260
Bio 260
Gen chem 280
Orgo 290
Physics 300
TS 280, AA 280

This was not an easy test and It was my first time taking it. I was surprised at my Orgo score since I got a B in Orgo 1 and an A in Orgo 2.

Anyways has anyone gotten these low scores before and applied? I was hoping to apply for fall 2019. Do you guys think it’s impossible for me to get accepted somewhere?

I love this field and I really want to carry and optometry degree.

Thanks.

I realize we spoke a while ago but if you could PM me and update how your apps are going and if you ended up retaking ? Thank you!! About to write my oat soon I know I’ll be scoring poorly :( looking for advice

I feel you... I am in the same boat. Don't feel discouraged. I took the OAT 2 times already and got 270 each time so I know I am not at the level of understanding that I need to be.

I am going to get a tutor for chem and ochem and physics to work on my weak areas. The other areas I think are mostly practice and to find patterns.

But Whatever happens, one obstacle will not stop you from your goal! Eye on the prize. And stay Positive :)

Hi there,
Do you have any updates regarding your study pattern? I just took my OAT today and got the same score you did. I also need help in the same areas. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Do you know what’s the lowest score they’ve accepted? I have an interview with them but I’m scared this doesn’t mean anything

Hi, do you have any updates regarding your interview? I'm applying to UAB too and I really want to go there. Thank you!

Hi, do you have any updates regarding your interview? I'm applying to UAB too and I really want to go there. Thank you!
Yes ma’am they needed me to retake the OAT. They called every month too. I just couldn’t find the strength last year to retake. But I plan to retake and reapply next month.