Low PAT effect

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moonwolf

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 21 AA 22 TS 22RC 19 QR 16 PAT, 3.93 GPA for both science and non-science. Every time I try to feel good about my score the 16 on PAT jumps and punches me in the face. How much is the 16 on PAT going to affect me? do schools just cut you off without looking at other stuff if the PAT is lower than the minimum? is the specific school I should apply to? sorry I am just freaking out

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
some schools heavily favor PAT, so find out which ones they are and think twice about applying there with a 16 PAT

Check which schools have a 17 cutoff for PAT.
Check the ADEA guide to figure out which schools don't care about PAT as much.
Apply.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I had the same feeling as you. Our DAT is incredibly similar (I received a 17 on PAT), and you kill my GPA (I had a 3.5)

I applied to many schools because I was also nervous about the PAT. I'll give you a list where I interviewed:

MWU-AZ, LECOM, Pittsburgh, Louisville, Florida, Michigan, NYU, UDM.

Received a few more interviews that I cancelled: Maryland, Roseman, NOVA.

I was never questioned about my PAT score. I actually brought it up in two of my interviews, and they still didn't seem to care.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: 3 users
Your best bet is to call the schools you want to apply to.

I share similar fears but your overall DAT and GPA more than make up for one section lol.

Reactions: 1 user