MaxL221

10+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2006
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
My real dat is in less than a week and on DAT Achiever I have been getting 15s and 16s on the PAT section. Are those accurate assesments of the read dat. Or is the real dat pat harder or easier. I do some kaplan pat and those seem a lot easier than dat achiever as did the barrons especially in top front end. Some of them in dat achiever though i'm like "Wow I would have never saw this" I don't know what to do or what to think of this!!

Mrxle3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2005
Los Angeles
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
Take your Kaplan PAT score, and subtract 2 to 3 points on it. This will be your PAT score on the real thing.

MaxL221

10+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2006
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
I don't know about that. If anything I would probably add to my achiever scores, since those are seemingly more difficult

About the Ads

Mrxle3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2005
Los Angeles
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
I mentioned Kaplan, but not Achiever. I actually used only Kaplan materials when I studied for the DAT last summer, and I found that my PAT score lowered about 2-3 from my Kaplan tests when I took the real thing. My other scores were all higher except for QR.

tinman831

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2004
Texas
Status
  1. Dentist
Mrxle3 said:
Take your Kaplan PAT score, and subtract 2 to 3 points on it. This will be your PAT score on the real thing.

You mean add 2 or 3 points to it? Most people do better on the real exam than on practice exams.

MaxL221

10+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2006
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
awesome I hope that works for me I would definitely be happy with a 19 on the pat

Baylor83

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2006
Status
MaxL221 said:
awesome I hope that works for me I would definitely be happy with a 19 on the pat

That's provided you have noted and worked on your weaknesses. PAT on the real deal is no joke especially for those who are slow in spatial perception. I would pay more attention to it given your situation.

MaxL221

10+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2006
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
definitely, i look at their answer and make sure i understand how they got their answer

DDS:)

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2005
Status
  1. Dental Student
I took dat achiever, scored 19 on all 3 full PAT exam, and got 19 on the real thing, I guess DAT achiever are pretty close with the real thing.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads