LOW Scoring PAT Frustrating on DAT Achiever

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MaxL221

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My real dat is in less than a week and on DAT Achiever I have been getting 15s and 16s on the PAT section. Are those accurate assesments of the read dat. Or is the real dat pat harder or easier. I do some kaplan pat and those seem a lot easier than dat achiever as did the barrons especially in top front end. Some of them in dat achiever though i'm like "Wow I would have never saw this" I don't know what to do or what to think of this!!

Members don't see this ad.

Take your Kaplan PAT score, and subtract 2 to 3 points on it. This will be your PAT score on the real thing.

I don't know about that. If anything I would probably add to my achiever scores, since those are seemingly more difficult

I mentioned Kaplan, but not Achiever. I actually used only Kaplan materials when I studied for the DAT last summer, and I found that my PAT score lowered about 2-3 from my Kaplan tests when I took the real thing. My other scores were all higher except for QR.

Members don't see this ad :)
awesome I hope that works for me I would definitely be happy with a 19 on the pat

MaxL221 said:
awesome I hope that works for me I would definitely be happy with a 19 on the pat

That's provided you have noted and worked on your weaknesses. PAT on the real deal is no joke especially for those who are slow in spatial perception. I would pay more attention to it given your situation.

definitely, i look at their answer and make sure i understand how they got their answer

I took dat achiever, scored 19 on all 3 full PAT exam, and got 19 on the real thing, I guess DAT achiever are pretty close with the real thing.