Low sGPA thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swimmergirl2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread like this in a while, if I'm wrong, please let me know. I'd just like to know who else will be appying in the 2013-2014 cylce with a 3.0<sGPA<3.4. I will most likely have a ~3.33 science GPA when I apply this June. For anyone currently in the application cycle with this GPA, have you had much luck? I've also tried searching MDapps but there aren't too many profiles in that GPA range.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't seen a thread like this in a while, if I'm wrong, please let me know. I'd just like to know who else will be appying in the 2013-2014 cylce with a 3.0<sGPA<3.4. I will most likely have a ~3.33 science GPA when I apply this June. For anyone currently in the application cycle with this GPA, have you had much luck? I've also tried searching MDapps but there aren't too many profiles in that GPA range.

hello again.

i am not in the current cycle, but i have a lot of my friends from my undergrad who got into very good/top schools with a 3.3 sGPAs and 33+ MCAT scores along with strong ECs. if you haven't taken the MCAT yet, spare no resources in your preparations.

but if my memory serves me well, you've already taken the MCAT and are waiting for your score at the moment, am I correct? if you are not entirely confident that you killed the exam, i would not give up studying just yet in case you want to do a retake.

Hello again and thank you for the response! I did take the Jan. 26 MCAT and am awaiting my score. That's great news about your friends.

Members don't see this ad :)

Yes, but I'm a URM.

and OP, none of my friends who got in with 3.3 sGPAs are urm, but they all had something else that's excellent, such as 35+ MCAT score, superb ECs, etc.

I'm in that range for both sGPA and cGPA, URM, applying this upcoming June as well.

I hope you did well on your MCAT! and I agree with aspiring to not stop studying if you are unsure of how you did. I took the risk of not doing this but thankfully ended up with a decent score.