Low SJT Score + Low CASPER %tile

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drhealer

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't even know how this happened but I got the worst possible SJT score (1) and my CASPER %tile is 25-50. How is this even possible - I'm truly awestruck that this happened to me. I didn't do much to prepare for either so that might be the case? Either way not sure - I've already interviewed at a school that looks at both but haven't been rejected from them. Should I write a letter to the school explaining my low performance (which I wouldn't even know how to do). The school had an MMI segment on the interviews and I think I did really well on it - I had prepared well and received good feedback from my mock MMI interviewers. I don't know - feeling discouraged because this was a top choice school for me.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't even know how this happened but I got the worst possible SJT score (1) and my CASPER %tile is 25-50. How is this even possible - I'm truly awestruck that this happened to me. I didn't do much to prepare for either so that might be the case? Either way not sure - I've already interviewed at a school that looks at both but haven't been rejected from them. Should I write a letter to the school explaining my low performance (which I wouldn't even know how to do). The school had an MMI segment on the interviews and I think I did really well on it - I had prepared well and received good feedback from my mock MMI interviewers. I don't know - feeling discouraged because this was a top choice school for me.
What's done is done if you email them about it they'll think you're insecure and neurotic. Let the dice roll and focus on other things.

Reactions: 1 users
Never, ever bring attention to a negative.

Explanations will just come off as excuses, and needlessly neurotic and anxious.

Sometimes one has to apply with the app one has, warts and all.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The only schools that publicize how they use CASPER and SJT have said that if you're in the top quartile, it is a plus. Otherwise, it has no impact on your application.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry your scores were so low. I would have urged you to practice. Never give anyone an excuse to reject you. There is an SDN Forum now for preparing for the SJT's or CASPers.

Reactions: 1 users