Low stats and possibility of acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChangedMan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have some questions for any of you that know a bit about the DPT admissions process. Here is a little background; I have a very low undergrad GPA (Bio) at 2.2. Let's just say that I enjoyed college too much and lost track to why I was really there. I figured if you just graduate and pass, everything will take care of itself after college (obviously I was wrong). I really wish I can go back and re-do my undergrad but it is what it is. It was only recently due to some personal events (the last 2 years) that I found DPT to be something I wanted to pursue. I went ahead to retake some classes that I did horrible in (got A's) and took some new classes that I never took during undergrad but are pre-reqs (A&PI +II, stats, abnormal psych, also attained A's). I don't know the average age of accepted students but I feel like I'm an older candidate @ 28. I currently do research for a well-known PI (a pretty well known professor and doctor) and attained authorship on a couple of BIG papers. I put in a lot of time at work and I still try to find ways to shadow pt doctors in which I currently estimate to be around 50-60 hours (though I know that pales in comparison to others, but I'm doing what I can). I haven't taken the GRE's yet but have taken some practice GRE's and did pretty decent on them. I know I screwed up when I was younger and want to make amends for it as my work ethic is on a much different level as to my undergrad. These are my questions; do any of you have any more suggestions to improve my stats and do you know if anyone with similar stats/situation got into DPT school? I just want to know if I have a chance. Thanks in advance everyone! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Try posting this in the Pre-Physical Therapy forum. You will probably get a greater response...

Thanks guys, sorry about that! I'll ask in that forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.