Step I Low Step 1 score and feeling so down....

Started by mmmhmm20
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmmhmm20

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got my Step 1 score back today and was happy to pass but crushed when I saw that I got a 211. Can't say I'm surprised and knew I could do significantly better....but it just didn't happen for me and the gut punch was pretty overwhelming. With that kind of score can I even hope to match into FM or IM in a place that isn't in the total middle of nowhere? Sorry guys, I'm just feeling sooooo dejected and crushed right now.
 
Can I ask what was your UW 1st pass average? As for your score - it's not great, but perfectly fine for vast FM and IM locations (except most competitive ones). Remember when we were pre-meds and thought MCAT was everything lol? Same thing now - wait until you'll be in residency or attending and you'll laugh at yourself being worried about such nonsense. Attendings laugh at us MS2/3 students who think step 1 score is everything, you need 240 to match in FM or IM and OMG life is over lol. SDN is full of such crap.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.