Low Step1 score is better than no Step1 score

Started by drducky.
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
“On average, students scored 30 percentile points lower on USMLE Step 1 than on COMLEX-USA”
Meanwhile I scored 10 percentile points higher on Step than COMLEX lol
ha...same. in fact, if I had taken COMLEX first and used this to gauge whether I should take USMLE, it would have predicted a ~45% risk of failing STEP. so make of that what you will...
 
I've sat in our interview meetings for three years now. The only time comlex is brought up is when it's in the 800s/900s. And it's usually an "oh neat" thing. And in every case these students already have steps >240s anyway.

We do interview DOs with low comlex scores that aren't mentioned and they're usually 220-230s on step. We don't interview any DO without step scores.

Always report your step unless you failed I guess.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad