Low Tier Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Miss155

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am from Houston, Texas and I will be applying via TMDSAS. I also want to apply to some AMCAS schools, but only low tier schools. Can someone please provide information on schools which have lower stats? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Miss155 said:
Hi

I am from Houston, Texas and I will be applying via TMDSAS. I also want to apply to some AMCAS schools, but only low tier schools. Can someone please provide information on schools which have lower stats? Thanks.
Even if some state schools have lower stats, it doesn't mean that you are going to be very competetive in those schools because of your out-of-state status. Most out-of-state applicants who apply to state schools (ones with "low stats) need to have 10+ in each MCAT section to be considered. In my opinion, you have a best shot at your state(TX) schools.

Miss155 said:
Hi

Don't listent to the people telling you to buy the MSAR, you totally don't need it. You can find the relevant stats about schools for free if you're willing to dig. I don't understand really why you want to apply to lower-tier schools on AMCAS though, because if you can't get in anywhere in Texas as a Texas resident, you probably won't have much of a shot with the less selective AMCAS schools either. Most of the Texas schools would not be considered all that selective. UT-Southwestern is really selective and UT-Houston is middle-of-the-road, but the others shouldn't be that hard to get into if you're a Texas resident. Good luck!