Lower Back pain after blood patch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daaniie91

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a question and hopefully some one can help me.

Im Danielle 24years old and live in Holland.

In May 2015 I had a meningitis and when I came in the hospital they did a lp and ct scan, they found a virus in the brain liquid.
After a week I was released so I wet home and in june they want to do another lp cause I was still feeling sick. After the lp I got spinale headache and a week later they did a bloodpatch. After I woke up ( I did the lp's and bloodpatch with propofol cause im really afraid of needles) the back pain begon, like really bad!
It is in my lower back and goes down to almost my tailbone, I cannot stand for a long time, 15min. Max! I can walk for about 20 min. Then it feels like my legs cannot hold my body any longer so I need to lay down. So im jusing a wheelchair. I can barrely bend over to pick something up and when I stand on my left leg the pain is worse even sitting for a while hurts. The pain is like all Day long but get worse when im walking or moving, it feels like getting stabbed with a knife on The spot they did the bloodpatch. Also when I touch the spot and give pressure on it hurts. When I lay down and rest for half an hour the stabbing pain gets less so I can continue what I was doing but still feel the continuing pain.

My doctor gave me oxycodon 15mg 4 times a Day, but now wants me to stop jusing it because im taking it for a long time now.

The doctors in Holland dont know what it is and what to do about it, so I feel really helpless. Im only 24years old an im already suffering with major back pain/issues and i've my whole life in front of me and I dont know how much longer I can take this pain, im having these problem for over 6 months now. I just want my life back.

I really hope someone has an answer or had a patient with The same problem.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.