Lower Division classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

relentless11

Going broke and loving it
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, i'm sure everyone does this, but does anyone know of any reprecussions for taking a lot of "GPA booster classes"? And i'm not taking like a lot, i am taking challenging classes at the same time. I know what it looks like if you take like 4 ****** classes with 1 upper div class..haha...if only i can do that.

But yea, it really helps my overall GPA. GOod thing, or bad?

Members don't see this ad.

my personal comment...

Take as many of those suckers as you can!!! :D

U know y, MED SCHOOLS dont know which classes are EASY and which one are hard...so there ain't a way they will know!!! it is absolutely impossible...

I learned about "Booster classes" in my senior year....SIGH :rolleyes: that really helped my gpa didn't it? by that time, it wasn't even entered into AMCAS....but honestly, a stats class in one school can be an easy A and in another school screw u up big time!

HECK, classes even differ within the same school! depending on the professor. I know in some classes, you can get an easy A by just doing the work, and teh SAME CLASS by another professor, you might end up getting a B- even if you study each night until end of finals....

To make a long story short (too late for that). THERE IS NO WAY that schools can find out what is a "gpa booster". Frankly, I never knew and to this day, dont exactly know what classes are gpa boosters? I took an honors neuroscience "seminar" thinking it was easy. The professor made me write my paper three freakin times @#$#%$#, and he gave me an A- at the end!!!!!! so much for easy "seminars" :mad:

DO IT!

Unfortunately, I wish someone had told me that was the "smart" thing to do, (perhaps not for learning purposes but) to get into medical school.

Same here, I agree with the two guys above.

I wanted to be Mr. Badass and took all these classes for the whole "learning experience." It completely f**ked up my GPA.

-A guy who took a lot of hard classes as electives and wishes he took intro to film classes instead.