Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

lowest mcat score ever?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by cabrillo, May 10, 2007.

1. cabrillo

cabrillo Member

what is the lowest mcat score that you can get? do we get points by signing our name? I have heard of some 8's? I mean is this possible. You would have to actually guess wrong almost every answer to get such a score. Has anybody just guessed at one test and see their results. I have never done but I was just wonderying what kind of results one would get:cool:

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Schaden Freud

Schaden Freud MiSanthrope II

Medical Student
    Well if you leave everything blank you'd just get a 1 for each section.

4. Funky

Funky This space is for sale

Pre-Medical
    you could just guess through an aamc practice exam and see what score you get

5. Green Pirate

Green Pirate Neurotic Neuro Enthusiast

Pre-Medical
    my dad totally tanked the test when he took it. he said he got like an 8 or something, though he doesn't really remember. That was the end of his med school ambitions--he became a software engineer :laugh:

6. bioteach

bioteach MSIV

Medical Student
    I don't know, but the 2007 MSAR shows that somebody got into a puerto rican med school with a 2 on the verbal section. I'm going to assume that is a result of english-as-a-second language. Somehow I doubt their other sections were 15's, so that is probably a case of a single-digit score. You'd think you could guess and do better than that.

7. badasshairday

badasshairday Vascular and Interventional Radiology

Resident [Any Field]
    lol. Why are you asking about the lowest score ever? :laugh:

The lowest score you can get is a 3. Score 1 on each section by leaving it blank. I've done it before. It doesn't feel good.

8. DiverDoc

DiverDoc KCUMB 2012

Attending Physician
    Someone on the Aug. 2006 exam got a 6 total.

9. RPedigo

Physician Faculty Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    Actually, that's the 0.1th percentile, out of 39,892 people, 99.9% outscored that person. That means that up to 39 people got a 6, and its quite likely that people got a score of 5, 4, or 3, but the percentage just isn't above the tenths place, and gets rounded to zero.

10. olemissbabydoc

olemissbabydoc Baby Doctor
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    The dr I'm shadowing said never fear, if you put your name and SSN# and demographics you'll get a 3.

I told her that was comforting... :laugh: :laugh: