Lowest possible MCAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nuel

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So what is the lowest possible MCAT score? is it 12J?

Members don't see this ad.

6J, I think...I think the lowest you can get on a section is a 2! Right guys?

i think the lowest you can get is a 4 on each section which would then give you the 12j. you that worried??? hehehe

wylie313 said:
i think the lowest you can get is a 4 on each section which would then give you the 12j. you that worried??? hehehe

What else do you expect? :D

Members don't see this ad :)
The lowest score is 3J. You can get as low as one in every section.

last august somebody got a 6

indo said:
last august somebody got a 6

It's kind of an accomplishment, really. It seems likely you would have to have significantly worse than simple guessing to achieve this. In fact, I'm betting the person did it on purpose, just because.

liverotcod said:
It's kind of an accomplishment, really. It seems likely you would have to have significantly worse than simple guessing to achieve this. In fact, I'm betting the person did it on purpose, just because.

http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/examineedata/august03tbl1r.pdf

There... and you're right liver, you gotta be good to be that bad. Congrats to the 6 guy. You're the best of the worst.

I bet the person who got a 6 did so in the first section then went home sick or demoralized without voiding his or her score.

This person got a 0 in Biology. Perhaps they didn't complete the section at all?
i'm sure they meant to type "9" and hit "0" by mistake. come on, do you really think someone with a 0 in BS got two interviews? puh-leeez.

I think there are a few people who score very low.....
WOW.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

that data is CRAZY! for instance, 36 percent of retesters had an initial BS score of 14 (!) and went DOWN 4+ points!?!?! that's like going from a 14 to an 8 or 9. damn!

check those charts out, everybody...amazing.

I bet the guy (or girl) who got the 6 was a TPR or Kaplan spy who was there to get test quetsions...Princeton actually was in legal trouble with the AAMC last year for having practice tests that were so close to the previous actual test that it was grounds for a lawsuit....at least that's what TPR said when they spoke to a student org on my campus advertising their course

nicholasblonde said:
I bet the guy (or girl) who got the 6 was a TPR or Kaplan spy who was there to get test quetsions...Princeton actually was in legal trouble with the AAMC last year for having practice tests that were so close to the previous actual test that it was grounds for a lawsuit....at least that's what TPR said when they spoke to a student org on my campus advertising their course
they were probably just covering their incompetent asses, bc if any of their students actually got a 6 after a full $1400 course they would look terrible. so they made up that half assed story about having spies, lol

nicholasblonde said:

I love how the TPR put a positive spin on their legal trouble.

There might have been someone who scored worse than 6 on last August's test. It is definitely possible to score a 3. If you look at the verbal section on that aamc link, you will notice that 0.2% had a 1 on verbal so 1 must be the lowest possible score. Even though it says 0.0 for 3-5, the numbers are rounded so that if less than 0.05% scored that low it would not show up on that chart. According to that chart 0.0% scored higher than 41, but 41 was likely not the highest score either. If you get about 19-20 questions right on the sciences and 15 right on verbal, about what would your score be?

Prowler-

MDApplicants is set to allow folks that are applying to compare stats and experiences. A possible flaw is that the data and experiences are entered on the honor system...you could set up an account saying you got a 45T, and no one would know different. I suspect that a majority of what's there is valid, but there are certainly some liars. Take it with a grain of salt.

dc

bigdan said:
Prowler-

MDApplicants is set to allow folks that are applying to compare stats and experiences. A possible flaw is that the data and experiences are entered on the honor system...you could set up an account saying you got a 45T, and no one would know different. I suspect that a majority of what's there is valid, but there are certainly some liars. Take it with a grain of salt.

dc

What the should do is verify stuff at random, somehow. :thumbup:

LUBDUBB said:
I love how the TPR put a positive spin on their legal trouble.

How is that a positive spin? It just sounds like a (probably) accurate description. I don't see it as positive. Arguably negative.

Re the original thread, as JDAD said, the lowest possible is 3J. Every adminstration we (TPR) seem to have a student who starts at a 3. Now, as has been discussed elsewhere, our first test is harder than a real MCAT, but still, 3 takes some doing. And no, that person does not typically improve enough to get any interviews. You don't manage a 3 just by being a poor test-taker or by not being familiar with the techniques or by needing a refresher in the sciences.