lowest scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

japhy

Ski Bum
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just reading the post on peoples mcat sacores and where they were admitted. I am on the other end of the spectrum, good mcat, low gpa. How bout posting your gpa and admittance?

Members don't see this ad.

What's a "good" MCAT? 30+? I find myself wondering if even a 30-35 is good enough. It's pretty disheartening. I'm not on any spectrum, yet. I need to up my MCAT score. I'm pretty confident this time though. Anyway, it would be interesting to know what is considered "stellar."

I would hesitate to group the scores together. Instead, lookat them separately. I've been told from my advisor, and based on friends that have gotten in: 9's straight across are ok. You may not get in ivy league, but with a good gpa 3.5+, you'll be a doctor, and that is what matters in the end, right? Besides, schools say, hmm... he did well on reading but poorer on physical sciences, what does that mean? He can comprehend. That is good. And then they look at your physical sciences grades, and if they make up for the MCAT, then ok. See, its not so cut and dry as "I need a 30 total." You are weighting the MCAT numbers too high and your individual skills too low. Hope I'm of help. Peace!