Lowish science subscores, but high TS/AA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

preoptstudent3

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied pretty broadly, but do you think some optometry schools will ask me to retake it because my science scores are low?

For context - I have a 3.8 GPA and optometry experience.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took the OAT and received AA: 350 and TS: 340.
My overall scores are decent, but the subscores for my science sections were kinda bad. PHYS: 320; BIO: 330; GCHEM: 310; OCHEM: 380. OCHEM saved me haha.

I applied pretty broadly, but do you think some optometry schools will ask me to retake it because my science scores are low?

For context - I have a 3.8 GPA and optometry experience.
I bombed one of my sections (sub 300) but pretty good in the other sections. and I have been accepted to several schools. Just be prepared to answer why you think the scores ranged. I’m sure you’ll be fine!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.