Loyola-Creighton-St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bafanculo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know like could be worse, but I ave acceptance offers from these two schools and would like to withdraw from two of them so that I don;t hold on to schools that others might really be interested in. I liked each school, and was particularly impressed with Loyola's facilities...Does anyone know what kind of reputation Loyola has...because I have heard good things about Creighton and St. Louis, but no one ever mentions Loyola??????????

Members don't see this ad.

i'm also interested in this discussion. i have two acceptances to loyola and creighton - don't really know what i'm going to do. like everybody, i was pretty floored by loyola facilities. my impression is that people at loyola really want to be at loyola, whereas people at creighton like it there but probably weren't able to go to a first choice school. this probably has mostly to do with locations, but i'm from omaha and like it here so this is a moot point to me. i like both places - i see the diversity of the chicago environment as a possible plus for loyola. obviously there's a lotta factors. i'll have to make a huge pro/con list or something.
:confused:

when did u guys interview at creighton and slu?

Members don't see this ad :)
i interviewed at creighton nov. 8th, heard back about 2.5 weeks after that. i really liked it there. i think it's a hosejob that there not ranked in the new top 25 poll. now that i got in, i'm following the team pretty closely

yikes, i mean they're

thats embarassing

I'm doing my master's right now. Chicago is great. But so is STL. If you have any question, pm me.

Loyola and SLU both have great reputations for giving excellent clinical experience to the students. They both seem to be up-and-coming as far as rising in reputation, demand etc.

As far as Creighton is concerned, I think that they're not being "hosed" for not making the Top 25... it's just that they are a relatively small school (and still unknown to a lot of students).

Sundown - FYI, if you make a typo, you can go back and edit your post by clicking on the "edit" button at the bottom of your message. And you can also delete an erroneous post that you created, but decided after-the-fact that you want to get rid of it. ;)

Out of the three schools, I only applied to Loyola, but I really liked what I saw. All the students are very friendly and seem to be great to study or work with. I really like their approach to the curriculum and their computer network and setup is very impressive. They have a separate computer for each cadaver and you can look up instructions for labs on the computer! That's nice! The doctors I interviewed with were great and seemed very responsive to students. I think teaching is really their biggest aim there.

As for Loyola's ranking/visibility, I think they aren't ranked mainly because they aren't a huge research institution. They do have a good amount of NIH-funded research there, but they are "middle of the pack" in that, as compared to other medical schools. The school seems to be working very hard at increasing its visibility. I work at the University of Chicago and several professors I've talked to said they've been on tour at Loyola's med school and were really impressed.

Also, it is expensive, but I think I'll go there in the fall. I get a feeling it's worth it.